Competition:Closed when it comes to 2020-2021 year that is academic
Whom is applicable: Canadian organizations
NOTE : Only institutions that are canadian submit applications with respect to prospects. They could decide to set their particular interior due date to receive documentation that is supporting.
Description: The appearing Leaders into the Americas Program (ELAP) scholarships offer pupils from Latin America plus the Caribbean with short-term trade possibilities for research or research, in Canada, during the university, undergraduate and levels that are graduate.
- Value and length
- Key dates
The Emerging Leaders in the Americas Program (ELAP) scholarships are facilitated through institutional collaborations and pupil trade agreements between Canadian and Latin American or institutions that are caribbean. These agreements are manufactured between universities, technical or vocational organizations and universities. Pupils, hereby described as “candidates”, must certanly be registered as full-time students within their house institution during the time of application and throughout the whole length of the research or research remain in Canada.
Canadian post-secondary organizations
Canadian organizations are:
- accountable for publishing applications with respect to qualified candidates from organizations in Latin America plus the Caribbean; and
- encouraged to advertise this scholarship chance to faculty and staff people, along with to partner organizations in Latin America therefore the Caribbean.
Canadian organizations with effective prospects:
- should determine a person that is single when it comes to administration of this share contract and another individual with delegated signing authority; and
- will get share financing from worldwide Affairs Canada to disburse as scholarships to recipients.
Prospects enthusiastic about this scholarship program should contact their property organization to:
- make their interest understood;
- determine if there clearly was a current collaboration that is institutional exchange contract with a Canadian organization; and
- demand details about the applying procedure and selection requirements certain towards the institution that is canadian offer any extra information, such as for example transcripts, language test outcomes, an investigation task and a registration kind for the change system.
Chosen applicants ought to:
- make sure they match the needs associated with institution that is canadian scholastic demands and language proficiency;
- submit their visa application as soon as possible and stick to the procedures of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada as reported by the institution that is canadiangenerally speaking a report permit is needed for program work and a work license is needed for research);
- initiate the process for the transfer of credits for their house organization just as his or her Canadian courses have actually been identified; and
- contact alumni of this system through their house organization for advice and a regional viewpoint on the scholarship experience.
NOTE: Students are anticipated to go back to accomplish their studies at their property institutions upon conclusion regarding the scholarship duration.
Non-Canadian organizations ought to:
- keep in touch with partner organizations in Canada to ensure or explore collaborations that are institutional pupil change agreements;
- market this scholarship possibility through their offices that are international
- determine strong educational prospects whom meet with the admission demands for the Canadian partner organization;
- give you the prospects’ papers to your partner that is canadian, that will be in charge of publishing the scholarship applications; and
- propose to selected candidates to achieve extra linguistic training, scholastic upgrading and social preparedness before their departure.
Scholarship duration and value
Funding for ELAP scholarships is created available by Global Affairs Canada through its appropriate name: the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD).
The institution that is canadian get financing from DFATD for many successful applicants in the shape of a share contract and you will be accountable for supplying the funds to scholarship recipients.
The scholarship value differs with regards to the level and duration of research. The scholarship value for pupils is:
- CAD 7,200 for university, undergraduate or graduate pupils (Master’s and PhD) for at the least four months or one term that is academic of or research; or
- CAD 9,700 for graduate pupils (Master’s and PhD) for a time period of five to half a year of research or study.
Aside from the funds assigned to the recipients by DFATD, the Canadian host organization could also claim CAD 500 per scholarship receiver to help with administrative expenses after the scholarship receiver comes in Canada.
Canadian organizations will disburse scholarship funds to your scholarship receiver to donate to the following costs:
- visa and/or study/work license charges;
- airfare, when it comes to scholarship recipient just, to Canada because of the many direct and route that is economical return airfare upon conclusion associated with the scholarship;
- medical health insurance;
- cost of living, such as for example accommodation, resources and meals;
- ground public transportation, including a transportation that is public; and
- publications and materials necessary for the recipientвЂ™s research or research, excluding computer systems as well as other gear.
Susceptible to the conditions and terms regarding the Contribution Agreement, capital is likely to be disbursed by way of a cheque released to your institution that is canadian getting listed here documents:
- the Contribution Agreement finalized by both the designated authority in the Canadian organization and the designated authority at DFATD; and
- a cashflow Statement submitted by the Canadian organization to coincide utilizing the arrival of this scholarship recipients to Canada.